A notary public is a state-authorized individual who can witness the signing of important documents and certify that they are true copies. If you need to have a document notarized, you will need to find a private notary. Not all notaries are created equal, so it’s important to know when you need a private notary as opposed to one who is available at the bank or at your local post office. In this blog post, we will discuss when you might need a private notary and what type of documents they can help with.
When do you need a private notary?
There are a few instances when you might need to use the services of a private notary. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- You need to have a document notarized for immigration purposes. This could include documents such as your marriage certificate or birth certificate. A private notary will be able to verify that the document is authentic and has been signed by the appropriate individuals.
- You are starting a business and need to get your articles of incorporation notarized. A private notary can help ensure that all of the signatures on your paperwork are legitimate.
- You are buying or selling property and need to finalize the transaction with a deed of trust. A private notary can verify that all parties have signed the deed before it is filed with your local government office for official recording purposes.
- You are dealing with documents from another country and need to have them translated so that they can be notarized by someone who speaks the same language as you do. This is often done when handling legal matters in a foreign country or working with clients overseas.
- You are getting married and need a marriage license from another state or country. A private notary can help with this process by verifying that both parties have signed the marriage certificate before sending it off for filing.
- You are going through a divorce and need to get some documents notarized so that they can be submitted to the court as part of your case file. A private notary will verify all signatures on these papers before sending them in for processing, ensuring they meet legal requirements within whatever jurisdiction applies to your case (state or federal).
- You are getting married at home and need to have a marriage certificate notarized. A private notary will verify that both parties have signed the document before sending it off for filing with your local government office so you can get married in whatever state or country has jurisdiction over these matters within its own borders.
- Your child was born abroad and their birth certificate needs to be translated into English so it can be filed under American law as well as verified by someone who speaks the same language as you do (a private notary). The parent(s) should sign all documents pertaining to their child’s citizenship status, including but not limited to his/her passport or visa application form if applicable.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons why you might need to use the services of a private notary. If you have any questions about whether or not you need a private notary for a specific situation, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help you out!
Notary Services of Pompano Beach 24/7 & Mobile
Notary Services of Pompano Beach 24/7 & Mobile, a locally owned and family-operated mobile notary public certified signing service, is available to assist you with all of your notary public needs. We offer a professional private notary service at competitive fixed-fee rates. Contact us to schedule your consultation today!